Sunday, September 25, 2011

SR-2R Now 36% Ski Rack (2) (White) (16"h x 20"w x 9"d)

36%
Ski Rack (2) (White) (16
Limited Time Offer
Save $23.95
Retail Price: $65.99
Your Price: $42.04
From Racor

"Honey, you need to come home, we have a major problem." What can be worse when you answer your phone? It just recently happened to me. My wife called me at work and said "Honey, you need to come home, we have a major problem." Of course your mind races and you automatically expect the worst. Are the kids ok? Are you ok? Did you get into an accident, is anyone hurt? Then I hear, "No dear, it's the house." Did it burn down, earthquake, electrical, what happened? "The house, it's flooded." Well, it could be worse, but for homeowners, plumbing issues are right up there with the last thing you have to deal with. In my case my wife proceeds to tell me that when she got home and opened the garage door a wall of water came out. I triaged the situation with her over the phone and found out the water leakage was coming from a broken hot water hose to the washing machine. I quickly told her to simply shut off the water line to the washer and the gusher of water stopped. Then I stayed on the phone with her as she walked around the house and throughout the interior. Of course, I expected the worst. On the other side of the wall where the water line burst is our den with beautiful oak hardwood floors throughout. As I stayed on the line she surveyed the situation, to our amazement, the problem was just in the garage.

Good fortune #1. I came home later that day and I was able to replace the hose, I replaced both the hot and cold just in case. In about an hour and later the problem was fixed. However now I had to deal with the damage in the garage.

Racor

Good fortune #2; I recently organized my garage with new interlocking tiles, a slatwall organization system on the walls to hang everything on, including all new resin cabinets. So there literally was no damage. I simply squeegee-ed the water out the front of the garage and that was it. The interlocking tiles I installed on the garage are designed to allow for airflow underneath the tiles and the remaining water quickly dried. Because I had slatwall installed on walls, no items were on the floor and thus no water damage to my personal items, tools, etc. Because my cabinets were built of a commercial grade plastic or resin, none of my cabinets had water damage, as would have been the case with wooden cabinets. Also, none of the items within the cabinets were ruined, because they were hanging on the wall off the floor. So what could have been a major multi-thousand dollar disaster, literally was fixed, cleaned and back to normal within a couple hours and . Amazing! The investment I had made to organize my garage just saved me thousands of dollars in time and money. Now that was a great investment.

Good fortune #3. About six months earlier our house featured on the HGTV show, "How Much is My House Worth". On this show the basically give you a market appraisal and tell what is good about you house and what is bad. Overall I was very pleased with the results. However one item my house was graded down on, was having the washer and dryer in the garage. The TV host said, "in this day and age, people don't want t have to go into the garage to do the laundry." "Most new houses have laundry room built into the house. And in models that are two story, they have the laundry room on the second floor to save time from going up and down the stairs." I never forgot that statement. Unfortunately, shy of a ,000+ major remodel of my house, the washer and dryer was going to stay where it was. I couldn't justify that type of investment on a resale. However, I look back now, after the infamous phone call from my wife and thought how lucky I was. If the washer and dryer would have been in the house, this would have been a major disaster. The hardwood floors and the carpet would have been ruined. The walls, the insulation, my furniture and possible mold issues, I could just hear the cash register ringing continuously. Not to mention the time it would have taken to fix it and the impact on our family having to be displaced while the repairs were taken care of. I actually thought about calling the TV show and the host to tell them of my experience and how my down graded washer and dryer in the garage saved me thousands. But I didn't. Instead I smiled and was thankful that everything turned out the way it did...this time.

The moral of the story, check your washer water hoses regularly and replace them sooner rather than later. Having your washer and dryer in the garage is not a bad thing, while it might not be the most convenient place fr your washer and dryer, it could save you thousands in the long run. And finally, organize your garage!

Garage Organization - A Laundry Room in the Garage, Could Save You Thousands!

About OrganizIT!:
OrganizIT! Inc, is a Chatsworth based company that provides organizational products and services for the garage. Operating since May of 2006, OrganizIT! is one of the fastest growing garage organization companies in the Los Angeles area. OrganizIT! is a full service garage organization company that focuses on providing a high level of professional service. OrganizIT! carries products from the leading manufacturers in the garage organization industry such as; SwissTrax garage floor tiles, Tuffrax overhead garage racks, Schulte and Racor garage accessories and HandiWall slatwall.

For a free design consultation, go to; http://www.organizitco.com/

About Gus Gougas:
Gus Gougas is presently an partner and president of OrganizIT!, a Chatsworth based business that provides products and services within the garage remodeling/organization industry.
After 20+ years in Corporate America in outside enterprise sale/marketing/management for companies like; Symantec, Unisys, Logica, Lanier, Gus started OrganizIT! Inc. Gus has appeared on TV programs about garage organization on NBC, HGTV and KCAL9. Gus published numberous articles on garage organization and has recently been featured in new book, "Big Book of Garages", by Tina Skinner. You can contact Gus at gus@organizitco.com or 818-232-7683.

Technical Details
  • Color: White
  • Size: 16"h x 20"w x 9"d
  • The ultimate in ski, pole and boot storage.
  • Sturdy steel construction.
  • Easy installation.

Ski Rack (2) (White) (16"h x 20"w x 9"d) Overview

For the ultimate in ski, pole and boot storage, this ski rack is the answer. Organize (Nordic, Alpine, Powder) two pair each with a high quality ski rack. Made of sturdy solid steel construction and a durable epoxy finish, this ski rack has a lifetime warranty. No assembly required. Easy wall installation with provided hardware. Made in the USA."Man does not cease to play because he gets old, Man gets old because he ceases to play! " -- George Bernard Shaw .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home